How long have you loved your boat?

Dart 15 Chat
Charles
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

How long have you loved your boat?

Post by Charles »

Hi all

I just got a bit emotional updating the boat database with Sticks & Stones' new owner details. I've had her for 20 years, since Elenya was 3, sailing & racing hundreds of miles in her. Not to mention the thousands of miles trailing her and all the beers & banter shared with you lot!

How long have you had your boat?

P. S. I've bought 1942, definitely not hanging up my drysuit for a few more decades! :D
Charles
1237, Sticks and Stones
1942, Ingrid
Yorkshire Dales SC
God does not deduct from our allotted life span the time spent sailing (or talking, texting, reading, posting to websites & emailing about it)
Corky the Cat
Warrant Officer (Class One)
Warrant Officer (Class One)

Re: How long have you loved your boat?

Post by Corky the Cat »

I’m not attached to one boat, but to one class! Not just the boat. The people that sail them are my lifetime friends.
Jenny Ball
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: How long have you loved your boat?

Post by Jenny Ball »

I joined the Dart 15 class in 1995. Bought Eamonn Browne's boat at Marconi - 1530. Then bought 1917 Catbert from new. Sailed Catbert for around 20 years before handing her on to a younger and better sailor and getting 2025 Catbert Too. And although she is only five years old - she has already sailed several thousand miles. But not circumnavigated the North Island - I am not quite mad enough to do that.