The UK Dart 15 Association

Rudder blade repairs

Dart 15 Chat
Keith Bartlett
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Rudder blade repairs

Post by Keith Bartlett »

Its damp , wet and windy here in Chichester, but my thoughts are already turning towards the new season. I have some rudder blade repair work to start, but need some expert advice from you guys.

I am not an engineer, so there may be a proper reason, but why does the blade have both the plastic approx 1 inch diameter, Outer bush, ( SKU 02119 for clarity) as well as the plastic Rudder bolt stock sleeve ( SKU 02045)? The stainless steel bolt revolves inside sleeve, which in turn revolves in the outer bush. So why are there two pivot points ?

A Happy New Year to you all

Cheers Keith Bartlett FREDDIE 1962
Paul Craft
Warrant Officer (Class Two)
Warrant Officer (Class Two)

Re: Rudder blade repairs

Post by Paul Craft »

Hi Keith

SKU: 02119 ( outer bush) should be glued into the rudder blade so it does not move, it pivotes around SKU: 02045 the (inner bush).

SKU: 02045 ( inner bush) is fixed in place so it does not rotate SKU: 02041 (bolt)

SKU: 20002 (rudder blade service kit), this is the bolt SKU 02041, inner bush SKU 02045 and washers inner and outer, all of these should be fitted tightly in the ruder stock, with the blade in place the bolt should be done up tightly so none of these items move or rotate.

The blade then pivotes around SKU: 20002 via SKU: 02119 ( outer bush)

Hope this helps

Cheers

Paul
Mark Aldridge
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: Rudder blade repairs

Post by Mark Aldridge »

..pop your rudders & parts along to Paul if I were you Keith - sounds like he knows his rudder onions!
Mark Aldridge