S15 Road Trailer

Dart 15 Chat
Mike Godwin
Petty Officer
Petty Officer

S15 Road Trailer

Post by Mike Godwin »

Hi all.
In the last month we have acquired a further Three Sprint 15 which is great news for our club, we are now up to 17. But, we now have more than 7 Road Trailers sitting in our dinghy park and most will never see tarmac again. So I have gone out on a limb, the owners don’t know Iam posting this. What are they worth on the open market, one has adjustable width to take a Dart 18. They are bare trailers and do not have a box fitted.
Appreciate any advice.
We are going to hold onto some, fingers crossed for future TT’s
Thanks.
George Love
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: S15 Road Trailer

Post by George Love »

Hi Mike,
Fantastic news indeed on the growth of your fleet. 17 boats from just one or two of a few years ago is a great result. And it would be great to see some of you 'on the road' to take part in a few events. You'd be very welcome and I'm sure it would be enjoyable.
We had three new Carsington sailors at our home TT the other week and despite their lack of racing experience (half a dozen club races between them in a mixed handicap fleet!), they all thoroughly enjoyed the weekend in some very testing conditions and plan to do a bit of travelling in the near future. Have a look at the event report if you haven't already done so which was written by Nick Pulman, one of our enthusiastic newbies.
On the trailer question, it's a difficult one to answer straightforwardly as value depends on condition and build quality. Some trailers are very robust, others less so, e.g. West Mersea trailers are known for their good quality. And value also depends on the quality of the suspension, bearings, wheels, tyres, etc., does it have a jockey wheel and mast step and so on.
So, value could be anything from £50 - £100 up to £300-£400.
Have you any pictures of those you want to sell? I am looking for a good quality one and may know someone who also wants one.
You could also advertise them on this website.
Hope that helps and look forward to hearing back. You can pm me at: george.love@icloud.com
Cheers
George Love : Fly-by-Wire : 2019
Derik Palmer
Leading Rate
Leading Rate

Post by Derik Palmer »

Hi Mike, as you might have noticed I'm in the market for a Sprint 15. My car is a Land Rover Freelander which has only a relatively short roof and roof bars, too close together I think for strapping 15ft hulls onto. Assuming I find a suitable boat I'd feel happier towing rather than cartopping it; woud it be possible to borrow or hire a trailer from someone at NSSC?
Sprint 1342 - 'Still Crazy'.
Merlin 3545 - 'Smooth Operator'.
Derik Palmer
Leading Rate
Leading Rate

Post by Derik Palmer »

Hmm. Nothing heard, either to the post or PM, so I've just bought one. Roger, out.
Sprint 1342 - 'Still Crazy'.
Merlin 3545 - 'Smooth Operator'.