Carsington TT 2-3 October

Dart 15 Chat
George Love
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Carsington TT 2-3 October

Post by George Love »

Hi All,
Online entry for this event is now open and you can enter via the link posted under the "Events' section on this website.
The NOR has also been posted.
There will be a two course meal and bar service on Saturday evening at a separate cost of £10/head. The menu is included in the entry process and you can purchase extra tickets as required.
Normal galley service for breakfasts, snacks and refreshment, etc. will be available throughout the weekend.
The NOR also gives details on local accommodation.
The club can host up to 15 camper vans overnight at £10/night but pitches need to be booked direct with the club by tel: 01629 540609 and talk to Ceri, Sallie or Helen. Allocation is on a first come basis.
The SI's should be posted not later than a week before the event.
Note that we will be sharing the racecourse with the Catapults but there will be separate starts and ours will be first.
If you have any questions meantime, don't hesitate to pm me at : george.love@icloud.com
Your compatriots 'up north' are very much looking forward to welcoming you for a great weekend in 'The Shire' :D
George Love : Fly-by-Wire : 2019
George Love
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: Carsington TT 2-3 October

Post by George Love »

The SIs are now posted on this website under the relevant event.
https://www.sprint15.com/events/EMS/eve ... 021-v1.pdf
They will shortly be added to the Carsington SC website under the 'Open Events' tab - 'Sprint 15 TT'.
If you spot any deliberate errors or have any comments, please do let me know.
Fair winds and safe journeys for the travellers - see you there! :D
George Love
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by George Love »

Quick update for those travelling to the event in advance of Saturday and wishing to drop off boats.
Wednesday & Thursday - club will be open until around 6.30pm for access.
Friday- club will be open until around 6pm but boats can be dropped off after this by prior arrangement but no later than 9pm. So, if you plan to arrive between 6pm and 9pm, you need to advise club manager, Ceri, by telephone - see club tel. number in my first post above - indicating an arrival time and Ceri will be on hand to let you in.
Hope that helps but do give me a shout with any similar questions, etc.
Safe travels.
Mark Aldridge
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Mark Aldridge »

Hope those of you with fuel that travel have a great event!
Mark Aldridge
George Love
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by George Love »

A huge SHOUT OUT to all the travellers who journeyed from distant and warmer climes to brave the rigours of a northern Indian summer and take part in the event. You made it so very special for your local compatriots.
I have been asked by all those involved from Carsington - the on the water team, club management, galley team - to pass on their thanks to all the sailors and families for making the weekend's activities so memorable for the club. They all thoroughly enjoyed playing their parts in staging the event and hope we'll be able to return next year. Endeavours will be made to keep the wind but turn up the sun. 8)
The results are here and will shortly be posted on this website: https://www.carsingtonsailingclub.co.uk ... rint-15-tt
And from my perspective, there were some notable and outstanding performances across the fleet in the, sometimes, testing conditions.
Some photos from the brisk sailing conditions on Sunday will also appear in due course.
I hope you all had safe travels home and have now warmed up!
And many congratulations to our southern girl, Jenny, for sailing with such aplomb to take the 2021 Northern Champion title.
On behalf of the CSC sailors - THANK YOU - and see you soon.
Liam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Liam »

Have put some very, very good pictures from Pauline on the site: https://www.sprint15.com/picture-galler ... ington.php
2034 - No Quarter, 1957 - Dreadnought, 1709 - Biscuit
Shanklin Sailing Club
Holder of OTT Shield
9th most improved at 2018 Nationals
Jenny Ball
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Jenny Ball »

It was the best weekend, despite the extremely unpromising forecast and actual weather. It was great to see so many travellers - so thank you to everyone who came. Also great to welcome the three new Carsington Sprint 15 sailors who coped well with everything the weather threw at us! Big thanks to George, Pauline, Henry, Keith, Phil, Ceri and everyone else at Carsington who made it all possible. - looking forward to booking a date for next year.