The UK Dart 15 Association

Fun Sailing on Rutland with video and woman overboard

Dart 15 Chat
dave42w
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Fun Sailing on Rutland with video and woman overboard

Post by dave42w »

We had another great sail on Rutland yesterday. Jane trying out her Gull drysuit for the first time. In fact she decided to fully test it by falling overboard during a sudden acceleration going downwind. Turns out the drysuit worked in keeping her warm and dry while bobbing about in the middle of Rutland Water :-)

I've done a video (sadly not including the woman overboard excitement as the battery had run out by then, but lots of spray in it instead). https://youtu.be/AEVT23xAa_Y during the sail we reached a new max for us of 17.7mph (which is exciting and wet as we are close to the maximum weight).

As well as testing the drysuits we also had some new lines from Steve Sawford which are a considerable improvement. The forestay is easier to tension, the main is much easier to hoist and the jib sheets work better too. We didn't end up testing the new traveller line going under the trampoline (although as a traveller line it worked well) and I didn't have the right tool with me to fit the new mainsheet. When we dismantle ready for our holiday next week (boat on roof rack) we will fit the new tramp line and toe strap tensioners. Plus the grip tape for more secure trapezing.

Hoping to still keep Saturday free to see you for the day at Grafham.