Is it too early to start Fitting Out?

Dart 15 Chat
Charles
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Is it too early to start Fitting Out?

Post by Charles »

Hi everyone, and a Happy New Year.

I know it's been a long time since I was here last! 'Sticks & Stones' has been laid fairly quietly at Halifax in 2014 and sadly is not likely to be doing too much travelling in 2015.

However, as I didn't have much to do on the afternoon of New Year's Eve I thought I'd start fitting out early. Halifax SC is closed until April so I needed some sort of sailing fix. She is now nicely polished & has the first layer of resin on to build her skegs back up to pre-concrete slip depth.

I'm also planning to renovate a 15 I bought from our Sea Scout troop, to use as a training boat, so if I'm industrious that might get looked at today.

All this activity so early in the new year, perhaps it's just because I know there is a queue of HxSC 15ers forming to ask what to do about these big long cracks down their skegs!!

Looking forward to a good year's sailing & if I don't make it to an event in 2015 have a good one. :D
Charles
1237, Sticks and Stones
1942, Ingrid
Yorkshire Dales SC
God does not deduct from our allotted life span the time spent sailing (or talking, texting, reading, posting to websites & emailing about it)