The UK Dart 15 Association

1988 For Sale...and Goodbye for now

Dart 15 Chat
DARTPOTT
Leading Rate
Leading Rate

1988 For Sale...and Goodbye for now

Post by DARTPOTT »

I have hung onto this lovely boat thinking that I would find time to get back on the water but a handful of outings in the last few years and likelihood that my old wreck of a yacht will finally be ready to float this year means that it's just going to gather more dust.

A big thank you to everyone who makes this such an enjoyable and friendly Association and a separate thank you to Bob Carter, Chris Black and the Grafham crew who knuckled me into shape at their famous pro-ams when I started out in 2003 with 1871 (occasionally seen with the rudders on the wrong way.....). The sound of Chris "bare hands Popeye" yelling to pull the main in tighter when my hands were cramped and numb still rings in my ears.....

I'll keep in touch. Thanks again everyone.
Richard Philpott (Sp15 1982); Shadow (015) and Bruce Roberts 434
Grafham Water & Ipswich Yacht Haven
Robert
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Re: 1988 For Sale...and Goodbye for now

Post by Robert »

Hope you won't be away for too long . . .
Robert England
Mark Aldridge
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Mark Aldridge »

DARTPOTT wrote:likelihood that my old wreck of a yacht will finally be ready to float
The rest is believable - this bit might be pushing it!!

Shame to see you go, it's a hard boat to give up (I speak from experience) so I guess you'll be back at some point..
Mark Aldridge
DARTPOTT
Leading Rate
Leading Rate

Post by DARTPOTT »

Yes, the pull is pretty hard to resist and I will probably re-appear like you when time allows. Mind you, watching the Darts drifting in light airs on Wednesday while I guest crewed a Flying 15 which glided by was quite satisfying.....luckily you were not there to laugh at my erratic spinnaker :oops:

Anyone know if Martin Searle is around as I've had no response to submitting the advert for 1988?
Richard Philpott (Sp15 1982); Shadow (015) and Bruce Roberts 434
Grafham Water & Ipswich Yacht Haven
Bob Carter
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Bob Carter »

DARTPOTT wrote:I have hung onto this lovely boat thinking that I would find time to get back on the water but a handful of outings in the last few years and likelihood that my old wreck of a yacht will finally be ready to float this year means that it's just going to gather more dust.

A big thank you to everyone who makes this such an enjoyable and friendly Association and a separate thank you to Bob Carter, Chris Black and the Grafham crew who knuckled me into shape at their famous pro-ams when I started out in 2003 with 1871 (occasionally seen with the rudders on the wrong way.....). The sound of Chris "bare hands Popeye" yelling to pull the main in tighter when my hands were cramped and numb still rings in my ears.....

I'll keep in touch. Thanks again everyone.

Hi Richard,
Sorry to see you are selling up - and you were showing such promise of becoming another Grafham Champion, too. :(
Anyway best of luck.
Regards
Bob
PS Martin is busy at work at the moment. I have been trying to get the revisions to the buyes guide updated but he posted a note on the forum saying he is busy at work at the moment and cannot do much on the website for a while. Martin Mansell is also trying to advertise 2009 and is having the same problem. Hopefully it will be sorted soon. :wink:

http://www.sprint15.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5395