The UK Dart 15 Association

Dart 15 Boat Database
blu
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by blu »

Spark 15 1036 is living in Rio de Janeiro. Owner: Ricardo Lobato. Last owner: Themístocles in Salvador.
spark_1036.jpg
spark_1036.jpg (86.08 KiB) Viewed 5942 times
Bob Carter
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Re: 1036

Post by Bob Carter »

Looks in nice condition. Do you know of other Sprint 15s at Rio?
Happy Sailing :P
Bob
blu
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by blu »

No. I think this is the only one in Brazil. I tought it would be hard to rig it, but it was very easy (I used to sail tornado). The only issue was fixing the beams. I saw in the manual that there are some kind of clips to lock the beam on the hull. But I didn't find it. The trampoline is holding the hulls. Is that fine? I am going to UK next week for Sail for Gold Regata and I can by these clips if I understand how its worlks. Thank you!

Here is a little sailing near the sugar loaf...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ricardolobato/7283099588/

Blu
Bob Carter
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Bob Carter »

Hi
The sailing video looks good. The Sprint 15 is a nice boat for family sailing. The clips on the rear beam are not that important in my view. As you say if you keep the trampoline really tight it does the job for you. Those of us on the circuit get the trampoline realy tight by using a biece of wood as a lever and using a pair of Mole grips to clamp the rope on the hanks to stop it slipping whilst levering with the wood. The technique is written up in various items on this web site. Happy sailing.
Cheers
Bob
PS are you sailing in the Sail for Gold regatta?
blu
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by blu »

Thank you for your advise! Actually, I will not be sailing, just part of the tecnical support. Fair Winds! Ricardo