The UK Dart 15 Association

1221 PINK FLUFFY ELEPHANT

Dart 15 Boat Database
Peter Lytton
Leading Rate
Leading Rate

1221 PINK FLUFFY ELEPHANT

Post by Peter Lytton »

1221 is a Tonga style boat, still with the original green, blue and pink sails.
I purchased it in October 2002 from a member of Draycote Water, who I don't believe had owned it long. It needed a name; after a lot of thought, deliberation, and many had been chucked on the scrapheap, it was christened PINK FLUFFY ELEPHANT by my daughter. Why? "Because it isn't" Female logic.
Due to supporting daughters on the Topper curcuit, it has lived at home, getting occaisional, rather than regular use. However it has been well travelled, being sailed at Grafham several times (Topper Inlands), Largs (Nationals), Carnac (Worlds), as well as Ullswater, Lake Garda, and the Union Yacht Club Traunsee, Austria (twice). For a glimpse of the the most splendid view from the UYCT balcony, click on their webcam http://www.live-webcams.at/gmunden/
If the wind goes very light, it makes a great swimming platform, though not as much fun as a F5/6 with a teenager on the wire!
Have also used it to compete at the Sport nationals at Gurnard and Instow, and work permitting would hope to do a bit more now the girls are growing up.