The UK Dart 15 Association

SSMarine!

Dart 15 Chat
mr.magoo
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

SSMarine!

Post by mr.magoo »

WOW! Just been to pick up my boat from Steve Sawfords. My boat has had a very hard life sailing in the North sea in Northumberland and suffering the wonders of our very steep concrete slipway!

I asked Steve to "do his stuff" and give the old girl some much needed TLC.

When I arrived to pick her up I didn't think it was my boat!

What a fantastic job and great value for money. Everyone at the club thought I'd bought a new boat!

I would reccommend anyone to take your boat to Steve's for a refurb, the results are astonishing as are the prices (I can say that now I've paid).

Many thanks Steve. Mr.Magoo 1874
WaveyDavey
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by WaveyDavey »

I'll second that. Steve worked wonders with my boat last winter. Highly recommended and good value.

I understand his renovations and repairs are in great demand each winter, so book early to avoid disappointment. You won't regret it.

I promise I'm not on commission :D I'm just a happy customer who still smiles every time he uncovers his shiny boat.
David Ball
Sprint 15 1923 "Two's Complement"
Marconi SC
rjjones
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Boat refurbishment at SSM

Post by rjjones »

I too can vouch for Steve's work.

He took my Dart 15 which has the 'Fashion' hulls, ie the 3 coloured blocks on the sides of the hull, which has always looked hideous and did wonders.

He put some some smart plastic covering over the coloured gelcoat, repaired the hulls from a variety of chips and bashes, polished them up and replaced a bent shroud plate (don't ask) and all for a very modest sum.

It looks great now.

I still can't sail it very fast but at least it looks nice on the water

Richard Jones
Marconi SC
Dart 15 1665