Trolley's [Keith in Singapore]

Dart 15 Chat
Archive
Archive

Trolley's [Keith in Singapore]

Post by Archive »

Keith in Singapore wrote:

Greetings from Singapore.....

Well the Laser Centre (or should I say Dick Turpin) want to rob me blind to the tune of about 300 quid for a launching trolley, + shipping

The only pieces of 'technology' that I can't get locally are the hull cradles. The rest of it I can get for the price of a plate of noodles and a beer....

Has anyone got any spare cradles, or any good tips on knocking a pair up.....or is there someone who could make me a pair.....

I've mailed the Laser Centre back and said it's too steep, and can they just supply the cradles, but response time is leading me to believe they're not interested.

The thought of dragging the boat down the concrete slip to the warm waters of the Straights of Johor doesn't appeal, so help would be appreciated.

Cheers all, and keep up the good work....

Keith
"The Mutts Nutts"

PS I see Bob is going to finally get his write up on the Hong Kong Dart scene from Keith the Barlett.....good on ya Keith
Archive
Archive

Trolley [Bob]

Post by Archive »

Bob replied:

Hi Keith,
Your best chance is to get a Hobie one and convert/adapt it.
Cheers
Bob
PS Long time since you last made contact! Done any saiing?
Archive
Archive

Trolleys [An older sailor]

Post by Archive »

An older sailor replied:

Why not buy one of the trolleys with big wide tyres that are adjustable for all widths of cat. Surely out there in HK they come at a much better price than in the UK? CAt trolleys are hardly going to be out of class, and you might have an eye to the future.

The single tyres on a standard Dart trolley are narrow enough to bed down in some sands (and muds on inland ponds), making it hard work when on some foreshores. You may not need the extra width on a concrete hard in HK, but when you retire somewhere else?

Best Wishes

George
Archive
Archive

Trolleys and Stuff [Keith in Singapore]

Post by Archive »

Keith in Singapore replied:

Wow what a response.....

Well in reply to you Bob, the Dart is still in storage (somewhere) in Singapore.....it hasn't been in the water since March last year.......spent to much time travelling around Asia in pursuit of a real job to get near it, and then when the final move to Singapore arrived life has been too busy to sort out a sailing club......although as you can tell by the reason for writing...............things are on the offing!

I've been reduced to skippering a 44 foot yacht in various regattas making the most of the North East monsoons and the ever present blazing sunshine and high temperatures (sorry chaps!).........but the Dart is starting to stir from it's slumper and getting ready to dust off the cobwebs against some Nacra's and Hurricanes....

Yeah Bob......when I get my poo together maybe I'll send a report on Darts in Singapore (yep there is one more at Changi Sailing Club www.csc.org.sg)........but here's hoping eh!

Anyway guy's thanks for the advice on the trolley.....and Keith B in Hongkers knows all about dragging those wheels through the soft sand of Discovery Bay at low tide.........I will have the luxury of a concrete slip at a very sedate incline.....read and weep Keith mate (although you're the dude with the new boat and I'm not of course!)

So the Laser Centre have come back to me with 50 notes per side for the cradles, so I guess it's time to bite the bullet (and shop for some tubes and wheels).....

Hope you all have a good summer season in blighty....

Keith
"The Mutts Nutts"
D15 1083 (I think!)