The UK Dart 15 Association

Masts [Andrew Phillips]

Dart 15 Chat
Archive
Archive

Masts [Andrew Phillips]

Post by Archive »

Andrew Phillips wrote:

I have a one piece mast on my D15. I would like to get around a bit more next year, but having nowhere to keep a trailer, I'd to car top.

The boat is too old to warrant a new mast and I've not seen second hand ones. (Why would someone sell a perfectly good mast?). In the D15 rigging manual there is a 'conversion kit'. However, chopping a mast in half seems like a drastic move. Has anyone tried it?

Cheers
Andrew
Archive
Archive

Heavens forbid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [Bob]

Post by Archive »

Bob replied:

Hi Andrew,
It's way beyond any amateur DIY man to convert a mast and then it will be out of class. Many people want to swap masts. Currently the single piece mast is very in vogue (its lighter and less prone to failure and leakage). Why not dart an advert to swap yours 1 piece for a two piece and sent it in for us to add to the web adverts. You never know what will turn up.
Hope to see you travelling soon
Cheers
Bob
Archive
Archive

Typo [Bob]

Post by Archive »

Bob replied:

dart = draft
Archive
Archive

Mast Swop [Robin Boardman]

Post by Archive »

Robin Boardman replied:

Andrew,

I have a two piece mast that I would like to swap for a one piece mast.
If you are interested,let me know (via here is the best I suppose) I am up in the North, near Bradford but would travel a reasonable distance to swop

Regards

Robin Boardman
Archive
Archive

Where do you sail [Mick Newman]

Post by Archive »

Mick Newman replied:

Hi Robin,

I was interested to see that you're near Bradford, (I'm in Guiseley). Where do you sail, have you ever considered Beaver which has a large Dart 15 fleet and is less than 40 miles to the east of you.

Regards
Mick
Archive
Archive

Hi Mick [Bob]

Post by Archive »

Bob replied:

Hi Mick
I'm pleased to see you are still reading a good web page - even though you now sail a Dart 18!!!!
Cheers
Bob
PS. "Resistance is Futile" still gets regular use at Grafham.
Archive
Archive

Hi Bob, Good Web Page [Mick - Game On]

Post by Archive »

Mick - Game On replied:

Hi Bob,
I agree, it's a great web page and I like to keep in touch with the class that introduced me to cat racing.
At least there are no anoying pop ups like the D18 site, say no more!!

Mick
Archive
Archive

Mast Swop [Andrew Phillips]

Post by Archive »

Andrew Phillips replied:

Robin
I live in Hull and my boat is berthed at Filey, so that's not too far. If you email me at andyj.phillips@virgin.net, we can arrange to talk.

Thanks Bob for the advice.

Andrew

P.S. There are a few sailors from West Yorkshire who sail at Filey. Its a beautiful spot. One or two of us want to drum up a bit more cat activity next season.

See you around.

AP
Archive
Archive

Filey [Bob]

Post by Archive »

Bob replied:

Hi Andrew
I hope that the mast swop works out OK.
Filey is a great place to sail - I'm pleased that there is life in the Dart 15 fleet there now that Daphne & Eric Roberts have sold their respective Dart 15s for a Spitfire. We are not visiting on the traveller circuit this year as last year we got a poor attendance. If things pick up a little we hope top return in 2003. Meanwhile we look forward to meeting you if you can make any of our Northern events (or even the Nationals which is the place to get to know what we are really like!)
Cheers
Bob