The UK Dart 15 Association

Trailer lighting board [Jonathan]

Dart 15 Chat
Archive
Archive

Trailer lighting board [Jonathan]

Post by Archive »

Jonathan wrote:

Does anyone know the supplier of the lighting board frames that fit on the back of a Dart 15?

These are the ones seen on a number of older trailers, they have a galvanised frame which clips over the bottom rudder pintles and fixes with a nut+bolt to the top rudder gudgeon. They also have a nice mast support, so you don't have to tie the mast to the rear beam.

I've spoken to both the current Laser Centre trailer suppliers who don't own up to having made them.

Any advice on where I might be able to get one from would be appreciated, if all else fails you might spot me with a tape measure in the boat park...

Thanks,

Jonathan
Archive
Archive

Lighting board frame for rear of Dart 15 [Phil]

Post by Archive »

Phil replied:

I have LIZARD TRL which has this frame for the rear of Dart 15.I think there made in the West country, Plymouth rings a bell!!
Archive
Archive

Trailer Board [Bob]

Post by Archive »

Bob replied:

Hi Jonathan
Mine was also Lizard Trailer Services from Helston Details (from 1989) were as follows:
Lizard Trailer Services
(Rod Weddell)
Units 5 & 6,
Water-Ma-Trout
Helston
Cornwall
Tel 0326 563282

I'm not sure if they still exist.
Cheers
Bob
Archive
Archive

Lizard Trailers [Jonathan]

Post by Archive »

Jonathan replied:

Thanks Phil & Bob for the info, it was Lizard Trailers; they are still in business and should be getting back to me with a quote. The chap I spoke to there remembered building them - it seems they stopped suppling the Laser Centre when the production of Dart 15's was moved from Cornwall to Banbury.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Jonathan