The UK Dart 15 Association

Rusty Rigging [Geoff Howlett]

Dart 15 Chat
Archive
Archive

Rusty Rigging [Geoff Howlett]

Post by Archive »

Geoff Howlett wrote:

Has anyone else sailed a new Barcelona on the sea and experienced rust coloured staining on the shrouds, stay and bridle wires. It is enough to cause staining to the hull where the drips run down from the rigging. I had not had this on my old dart with rigging supplied by Spencers. Could it be non-marine quality stainless? shurely not!
Archive
Archive

Rusty Rigging [New Boat] [Phil Breeze]

Post by Archive »

Phil Breeze replied:

After seeing Geoff Howletts problem with rusty rigging,
I checked mine and I have also got the same rust coloured rigging. I shall be phoning Lazer on Monday.
Is there anyone els???
Archive
Archive

Shrouds [Bob]

Post by Archive »

Bob replied:

I've never used the shrouds that came with my boat. I bought some of the plastic covered shrouds from Spencer Rigging (see further down the chat page for details - they are about ?27/pair).The advantage is that the sail is then kept cleaner as there is no grease to leach out of the shrouds and make the familiar black line.
If I were you guys I would buy the Spencer Rigging Shrouds and then send the bill to the Laser Centre.
Cheers
Bob
PS They have also put the coloured stripe though the wrong panel on Erlings sail. It was meant to be the panel under the numbers - not the number panel