The UK Dart 15 Association

Fun Sailing - this is it folks! [Bob (for Nick)]

Dart 15 Chat
Archive
Archive

Fun Sailing - this is it folks! [Bob (for Nick)]

Post by Archive »

Bob (for Nick) wrote:

This is what we are going with. It's at Whitstable 26-29 Aug so if you like Cruising, Fun Events, sight seeing, etc. get it booked!
Bob

From Nick
"Hi Bob
If we want to make it a fun option, we should target the one-week-holiday starting Monday
I think that I can arrange any of the following -
1. West - Short hop to Shellness and Shipwrights Arms up Faversham Creek - families go round by car (30 minutes) - must be highwater (2 hour window)
2. North West - Longer full day excursion to Thorpe Bay (must be high tide at destination 2 hour window)
3 West - Longer full day excursion up Medway (must be high tide at destination 2 hour window) - families go round to Helstow creek pub (1 hour by car)
4. Round Sheppey Island - full day doable at any state of the tide (families can meet at Cat Club Sheppey - 1 hour by car)
5. East Short Hop to Herne Bay - HBSC can receive us (families can also drive there)
6. Day trip to Calais with minibus to Wimeraux Sailing Club in beautiful bay towards Boulogne - maybe we can cadge a sail there - I can develop contacts - leaves families on beach in lovely little french town
7. Also a lay day in Kent - the Dart 15 magical mystical bus trip round the garden of England
Best plan is to make contingencies for each option and see who is interested and/or weather conditions
Regards
Nick Dewhirst"