The UK Dart 15 Association

Replacement Battens [Alan]

Dart 15 Chat
Archive
Archive

Replacement Battens [Alan]

Post by Archive »

Alan wrote:

It had to happen eventually. I've managed to break one batten(2nd one up from the foot) during a rather ragged gybe on sunday. Laser list a whole set at ?90+. Where can I get just one batten,as I intend not to make this a regular habit?
Archive
Archive

Battens [Bob]

Post by Archive »

Bob replied:

Hi alan,
You can get them individually but I'm afraid you still have to buy them from the Laser Centre. They charge about ?13/batten plus ?10 postage for one batten so it costs. The best idea is for a few punters to club together and to by a few each at the same time.
Cheers
Bob
PS Once you have a few broken bit they are repairable - I did an article in the magazine some time ago. I can send you a copy if you send me your EMail address.
Cheers
Bob Carter
Archive
Archive

Battens [Mark Aldridge]

Post by Archive »

Mark Aldridge replied:

Alan

It is worth knowing that if you buy a set from the Laser Centre, they come in a nice big tube and the battens are all complete. They have the sail tie holes in them, are numbered and have the necessary padding for protection against the shrouds.

The single batten will need fitting and you ought to add the padding really.

As Bob says, after a while you end up with a nice set of spares. Usually No 7's though!!!!

Cheers

Mark Aldridge
Dart 15 # 1930 - 'Nothing Ever Happens'
Archive
Archive

Battens [Alan]

Post by Archive »

Alan replied:

Thanks for the pointers lads. If it's not too much trouble Bob, I'd be interested in reading the repair article. They are quite an interesting construction, are't they?
Alan.Price2@btinternet.com
Thanks once again.
Archive
Archive

Battens [Alan]

Post by Archive »

Alan replied:

Many thanks Bob.
Recieved the repair article. Very good of you and so prompt.
Archive
Archive

Battens [Bob]

Post by Archive »

Bob replied:

I notice replacement red battens are on offer on the Laser Centre Web site (Dart 18 section) for ?10 vat inclusive. This is the Gold card price but you can easily enlist - just follow the instructions.
It's a good time to get a few in
Cheers
Bob