The UK Dart 15 Association

Shrouds new D 15's [Laurie]

Dart 15 Chat
Archive
Archive

Shrouds new D 15's [Laurie]

Post by Archive »

Laurie wrote:

Further to Bob's request and of intrest to all owners of new Dart15's and thoses with new sails. Plastic covered shrouds are available from Spencer Rigging 01983 292144 at only ?13.50 a pair they keep your new sail clean, cheap at half the price ask for Ben Bradley and mention the Association
Archive
Archive

The Shrouds of Banbury [Keith in Singapore]

Post by Archive »

Keith in Singapore replied:

Laser Centre 21.27 squids+VAT+P&P each....bargain!!!

New sails etc at knock downs through the association sounds good. Who makes 'em, or is it secret...or are they the real thing....
Archive
Archive

Shrouds new D 15's [Bob]

Post by Archive »

Bob replied:

Please note for those interested in these shrouds that the price quoted does not include the Adjuster covers which are standard on Dart 15s. You need to request that they fit RWO Rigging Screw Covers (#R9242)when you order the shrouds. It will probably add about ?4.50 to the price of a pair of shrouds.
Cheers
Bob Carter
Archive
Archive

Shsh - Keith [Bob]

Post by Archive »

Bob replied:

It's all part of the service of your active committee.

The manufacturers of our alternative supplier parts is a strict secret. It was Tim's project to keep costs down. We are very keen to maintain the one design status of our class but not pay over the odds for the spares. We have trialed all the major components through last season and are very confident that from a performance stand point they are equivalent to the original equipment. The spares are only available through the Dart 15 Association, although we make no profit from the sales of spares. All the benefits are passed on to our members.
Cheers
Bob
Archive
Archive

More shrouds [Keith in Singapore]

Post by Archive »

Keith in Singapore replied:

Good on ya Bob....you know what a mess those adjusters make of your legs when you fall of the wire......well I do..!!

More practice I guess

Cheers

Keith
Archive
Archive

Even more shrouds [Bob]

Post by Archive »

Bob replied:

I ordered my plastic coated shrouds from Spencers Rigging a few days ago to keep the new sail on the DB's clean. They came today and look OK.
The final price for a pair with adjuster covers, post & packing plus VAT was ?27.40
I'll see if they fit at the weekend.
Cheers
Bob
Archive
Archive

Shrouds at Spencer Rigging [Rob]

Post by Archive »

Rob replied:

I too sent off last Monday for a complete set of wire rigging, and received it back on Friday. ?80 in total for trapeze wires, white plastic covered shrouds with the covers, forestay, jib halyard, short strop and bridle wires, incl VAT and postage. Superb service, Ben!!