The UK Dart 15 Association

2001 TT Proposal/ Thgoughts [Bob Carter]

Dart 15 Chat
Archive
Archive

2001 TT Proposal/ Thgoughts [Bob Carter]

Post by Archive »

Bob Carter wrote:

Our TT attendances for some events in Y2K have been somewhat down the pan - others (e.g. Rutland, Carsington, Filey, Instow, Weymouth, etc.) have been good. At some of the southern events we are often just getting a few locals and a few travellers and it is not enough to warrant the effort of putting some of them on.

My current thoughts for the 2001 TT programme is we should cut down the number to 5 events with 3 to count and test if the smaller number of events gets better attendances. This is proposed initially as a one year trial. Based on the fact that we will have the Sprints at Gurnard and the Nationals at Whitstable my proposal for the TT events is as follows:

Rutland
Grafham
Carsington
Filey
Angmering

Marconi, Herne Bay, Seasalter all had poor attendance this year. Beaver attracts few travellers in the Summer and is better as a one day winter venue.

The Winter events are still popular and have been expanded to include Queen Mary.

Speak up or forever hold you peace.

Cheers

Bob Carter
Archive
Archive

2001 TT Proposal/ Thgoughts [Erling]

Post by Archive »

Erling replied:

Can understand cutting down on events but from someone at the bottom of England four of the events out of five are a little bit to far north. Only the 1 event can we travel on the saturday to do all others would mean a 3 day event.

Cheers
Erling
Archive
Archive

2001 TT Proposal/ Thoughts [Jeff]

Post by Archive »

Jeff replied:

Bob,

I principle I agreed with your logic. The disappointing turn out at our event this year, would indicate the demand is not there for all the TT events.

For the future we are considering offering beach bat and trap event and land yachting, for when the tide goes out. so keep in touch.

Cheers,

Jeff.
Archive
Archive

2001 TT Proposal/ Thoughts [Tim]

Post by Archive »

Tim replied:

There are too many inland events and not enough on the sea.
Tim
Archive
Archive

2001 TT Proposal/ Thoughts (the carrot and the stick) [Bob]

Post by Archive »

Bob replied:

Thanks for your replies to my TT proposal. The trouble is the traveller circuit is contracting and we must do something to stimulate it. Most Clubs want to run events but fewer Dart 15 sailors are currently travelling.
Currently I'm on the carrot and stick approach. The 'stick' is to withdraw events from clubs who:
1) don't travel themselves
2) don't get their own members to attend opens when we do have opens at their venue.
Several Clubs had no one travel to any event last year, and yet they want to run Open Meetings. The traveller series sort of works by mutual favours (eg members from club A visiting Club B because members from club B visited them).
I want to try fewer events and to concentrate the efforts on the those for a year. Clubs who have lots of travellers will get to run Open Meetings.
The following year we will review how we did.
Cheers
Bob
Archive
Archive

2001 TT Proposal/ Thoughts [Mark Aldridge]

Post by Archive »

Mark Aldridge replied:

Looks like we're off to the IOW then?

Great!
Archive
Archive

dart 15 sprint nationals gurnard isle of wight [laurie]

Post by Archive »

laurie replied:

Gurnard S C propose to have the Sprint Nationals over the May Bank holiday that would be Sat 5th Sun 6th Mon 7th May
call 01983 296084
Archive
Archive

Dart 15 Sprint Nationals Gurnard Isle of Wight [Bob]

Post by Archive »

Bob replied:

Good show. We now need some propaganda to tell people about it in our next magazine. I have sent a draft NOR and some stuff to update to Ed Low. Last year Joe Armstrong did a fantastic job with the PR in the magazine and we got a record attendance (33) as a result. Now you guys have got to do the same.
Cheers
Bob
PS Now that you have posted this chat item WE KNOW YOU HAVE GOT AN EMAIL ADDRESS. Come on - you can share it. It's much easier and more efficient than Post or phone.