The UK Dart 15 Association

Thornbury Open [Rob Hudson]

Dart 15 Chat
Archive
Archive

Thornbury Open [Rob Hudson]

Post by Archive »

Rob Hudson wrote:

Next weekend (7th/8th October) Thornbury SC is hosting a Dart 18 and Cat Open. There will be a start for the 18s, and a separate one for all other cats. 3 15s and a 16 are definitely on already in that fleet, so if anyone else would like to come, let me know. TSC is just north of the old Severn Bridge, and as the tide dictates that the first race will be 2.15pm on the Saturday, it's not too early a start. There's plenty of room for camping at the club, and entertainment in the evening includes a seel band. Hope you can make it!!
Archive
Archive

Thornbury Sailing Club [Mark Aldridge]

Post by Archive »

Mark Aldridge replied:

I've been looking out for a Dart 15 friendly sailing club in the Bristol area!

My folks live in Westbury on Trym and are moving to Westerlea shortly.

It's a shame that your open falls on the Carsington traveller event, but I'd like to hear should you have another.

Don't forget the Grafham open the weekend after!

If you can Rob, drop me an e-mail with directions to your club, next time i'm in Bris' I'll call in. Cheers
Archive
Archive

Thornbury sailing club [Oliver Nichol]

Post by Archive »

Oliver Nichol replied:

Mark, (and anyone interested in coming to the Thornbury Dart 18 and Cat Open this weekend!),
I'll reply for Rob because I know he's out this evening. This feels like a good opportunity to plug the club website, which is on:
http://www.thornburysc.fsnet.co.uk/
It has a map to help you find the club - click on "How to find us" on the left hand side.
Look forward to seeing some of you from the southwest who dont want to drive all the way to Carsington!
Oliver
Archive
Archive

Thornbury Sailing Club [Mark Aldridge]

Post by Archive »

Mark Aldridge replied:

Thanks for the note. Jonathan Perkins (aka - The Web Master) pointed me to your web site, which is very informative.

Perhaps a Dart 15 event in 2001?

I'll look you up during my next visit to Bristol.

Mark Aldridge
Dart 15 #1930 - Nothing Ever Happens
Archive
Archive

Thornbury Open [RobH]

Post by Archive »

RobH replied:

Yes, I think we might. Since I brought the first 15 to TSC 3 years ago, we are now up to 3, with 2 or 3 more people definitely interested - in fact the fleet is growing at almost exactly the same speed as the 18 fleet is contracting (different people buying them though). I look forward to seeing you soon (+ anyone else who'd like to join us).
The tail end of the weather forecast at 9.30pm tonight had a 'BREEZY' tag for Saturday - Oh, happy day!!
Archive
Archive

Thornbury Open [Bob Carter]

Post by Archive »

Bob Carter replied:

Rob,
It is great to hear that the Dart 15 Fleet at Thornbury is growing. We have long had a shortage of Dart 15s in the West. It would be good if you could get a bit of a local thing going. There are 3 or 4 at Cardiff Bay which is easy travelling distance. You could try and talk them into visiting Thornbury and then you could arrange to visit them. The contact is Idris Dibble (phone # 01222 252973). Other fleets a bit further afield are Swansea and Instow (who have lots of boats but don't travel much).
Anyway best of luck with the open meeting.
Cheers
Bob Carter
Archive
Archive

Thornbury Open [RobH]

Post by Archive »

RobH replied:

Thanks, Bob. We managed all 3 of our 15s out on Saturday where they had close and exciting racing with all 3 taking turns to win races. I'm in touch with Cardiff, and hope to get down there this weekend to at least see their setup. We will get together somehow and at least grow our Open meeting fleets.
I've been to Mumbles for 5 of the last 6 years with my Dart 18 for their Open, but have never seen any 15s. I'll investigate!
Archive
Archive

Swansea [Bob Carter]

Post by Archive »

Bob Carter replied:

Hi Rob,I am sure we have a few Dart 15s at Swansea, but I don't think they sail at Mumbles. Sorry I can't find a contact at present. If it turns up I'll forward it to you.
Cheers
Bob