Next up - Thorpe Bay Winter TT - Saturday 3rd February

Dart 15 Chat
Jenny Ball
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Next up - Thorpe Bay Winter TT - Saturday 3rd February

Post by Jenny Ball »

Hi All

Next event is the Winter TT at Thorpe Bay on Saturday 3rd February. Home of the 2017 Nationals (and several Nationals before that!) - so familiar territory for many and welcoming waters for any of you who have not been before.

Briefing is scheduled for 11am with first race start at 12noon. Three races back to back.

NOR is on the Events page: https://www.sprint15.com/events/EMS/event.php?id=169

See you all there!

Jenny
Events Sidekick
Liam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Next up - Thorpe Bay Winter TT - Saturday 3rd February

Post by Liam »

Are we OK parking our trailers and building our boats there tomorrow?
2034 - No Quarter, 1957 - Dreadnought, 1709 - Biscuit
Shanklin Sailing Club
Holder of OTT Shield
9th most improved at 2018 Nationals
moreair
Warrant Officer (Class Two)

Post by moreair »

Liam, very well planned. Yes that is not a problem. Enter through the Dingy Park gate and turn immediately right. The boats are safest along the fence of the grass field you will enter. I will be down in the morning to open the gate but if it isn't open you can pop up the office/bar and they will give you the number.

Paul Morgan, TBYC Sprint Captain
Paul - Sprint 1954
moreair

Post by moreair »

We are happy for anybody to leave their boats overnight on the green field area to the east of our Dinghy Park. To get to this you will need to enter via the Dinghy Park Entrance.

If you are staying within the Southend area, then we welcome you to the club on Friday. The club is open all day and Friday evening we have full catering until 8pm (although the catering is unavailable between 14:30 and 17:30 Friday only). The club on a Friday night is often pretty lively.

On Saturday the club will be open from 8.30 with Registration starting at 9.00 closing just after the briefing at 11:00. Racing starts at 12:00. There is nobody else sailing so the launch beach is all ours.

The chef will be serving Breakfast from when the club opens to ensure you have the energy to sail well, Full English (Eggs in several styles), 2 Bacon, Cumberland Sausage, beans and toast in several choices) or Sausage/Bacon Baps (add an egg). The chef is happy to serve food in the way you like it just ask.

When we come back from sailing the chef has a full menu available until 5pm to fill any gaps or help you on your trip home. Beef Stew, Homemade Beef Burgers, Spaghetti Bolognese, Roast Chicken Breast, Steak and Ale Pie or vegetarian Goats Cheese Tart with red onion and Maple marmalade, but not all at once ;-) There is also loads of smaller options.

The bar will be serving tea, coffee, soft drinks and anything stronger (black coffee).

We will be running 3 races from a Rib Committee and there won't be anybody else in our sailing area (club racing is Sunday).

We all look forward to seeing you Saturday, Weather looks good.

Paul Morgan, TBYC Sprint 15 Captain.
Paul - Sprint 1954
Liam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Liam »

Got three Shanklin boats on a trailer.
Shanklin Sailing Club
Holder of OTT Shield
DavidGroom
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by DavidGroom »

How come you are not sailing round then? Admitedly you are still one up on me as I will not be there at all!!

I hear rumours you have a fleet sailing to Weymouth for the Nationals so I may meet you off Hengistbury Head
David Groom

For cat sailors life has two certainties d@@@h and racing a Sprint 15
Liam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Liam »

DavidGroom wrote:I hear rumours you have a fleet sailing to Weymouth for the Nationals so I may meet you off Hengistbury Head
We're going anti-clockwise.
Shanklin Sailing Club
Holder of OTT Shield