The UK Dart 15 Association

Newsprint Spring 2013

Dart 15 Chat
George Love
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Newsprint Spring 2013

Post by George Love »

I understand that there are a few avid readers out there who may be wondering why they've not received the latest edition :? . The reason is that it's not yet finished and it's all my fault :oops: . I had hoped to get it out about now before I disappear on a jaunt to Asia. But events have conspired against this mainly due to subjecting myself a few weeks ago to some surgery which, although successful, developed a few complications which meant that my recovery was not just so speedy as I had hoped. I had also misguidedly thought that I could finish it off whilst convalescing at home - but that didn't work. It has been just too uncomfortable to sit in front of the computer for lengthy periods. On return to work there has been a bit of a backlog to deal with which has been a further distraction from the important matter of your favourite magazine. So, sorry about that but hopefully, now that I'm back to full fighting fitness, it will be on the way to you around the end of May as I need about a month to pull the final thing together.
I'll keep you posted.
The only other thing that could prevent you from receiving it in due course is to do with subs. As you should all be aware the subs. have now changed so, if you have updated your payment by standing order or cheque as previously publicised, worry not. But if you haven't, you will undoubtedly miss out - and I for one wouldn't want that!
I shall be asking your new secretary, David Groom, to respond to this posting with a reminder as to how to go about updating subs. payments. If you've still got your copy of the last edition, all the instructions are on page 19. If not, I'm sure David can oblige.
George Love : Fly-by-Wire : 2019
Robert
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Re: Newsprint Spring 2013

Post by Robert »

George! Don't worry we'll all survive - it'll be all the better for the waiting :D . More importantly, will you be fit enough to come to Yaverland? Can't have "no George"!
Robert England
David Groom
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Re: Newsprint Spring 2013

Post by David Groom »

Dear all

As George suggests in his posting I do unfortunately need to alert you all to a problem Howard (our treasurer) and I have identified re Membership Fees and Standing Orders. The problem is we received 50 plus subs payments in March for the wrong amount. Previously only a trickle were wrong and we could cope but we now have rather a flood!!

We will record these payments and write to all those whose payments are in error advising how they can make up the deficiency. Unfortunately if they do not respond we will be unable to send them further copies of the magazine.

In the last issue of Newsprint we advised all Members as to the increase in the Subs, their unique SP number and the revised method by which they should be paid. You will need to get the Association banking details and your unique SP number from me at membership@sprint15.com and will then be able to do this on line via your own bank.

If you still want to pay by cheque, (£30) you can do so, but there is now a £10 premium for this, so it really is worth investigating the SO option.

Thanks to you all in advance and I look forward to seeing you on the circuit when I hope to put more names to faces, SPs and boat names and numbers

Cheers

David Groom 1714 Physical Graffiti

P:S I have heard great things about our stand at the Boat Show so well done to all who helped portray our class in such a positive light. I am looking forward to seeing all those new boats.