The UK Dart 15 Association

Queen Mary Winter TT Saturday February 18th

Dart 15 Chat
Robert
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Re: Queen Mary Winter TT Saturday February 18th

Post by Robert »

Mark Aldridge wrote:I'm looking forward to seeing those that can make it @ Grafham and if anybody wants to sail a weekend or two beforehand to suss the tides, let me know and I'll speak with the club to be sure we leave the boats in the right place and ask fellow mebers to book you in as a day sailor.
Trusting that you'll have some water for us to sail on... Can bring a couple of bucketfuls if it will help.
Offer of practice much appreciated, and a very good example. Some of us need as much as we can get!
Robert England
George Stephen
Captain
Captain

Post by George Stephen »

Robert,

I think you might find your buckets of water would be confiscated, lest they harbour some foreign flora or fauna that could wreak irreversible environmental damage on Grafham's hallowed waters...... Besides, Mark said at QM that water levels were quite good at Grafham, with the loss only of a few yards in the launching areas.

After your coming 4th at QM, I'm not sure that you really need much practice..... or that you're quite the scaredy cat you've been pretending to be.....
George 1594
Bob Carter
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Bob Carter »

Robert wrote:
Mark Aldridge wrote:I'm looking forward to seeing those that can make it @ Grafham and if anybody wants to sail a weekend or two beforehand to suss the tides, let me know and I'll speak with the club to be sure we leave the boats in the right place and ask fellow mebers to book you in as a day sailor.
Trusting that you'll have some water for us to sail on... Can bring a couple of bucketfuls if it will help.
Offer of practice much appreciated, and a very good example. Some of us need as much as we can get!

The water level at Grafham is a bit down from normal but not enough to worry about.
Here is the web cam so that you can check it out.
Cheers
Bob
http://www.grafham.org/?page_id=48
Jan
Leading Rate
Leading Rate

Post by Jan »

Thanks all for help in and out. I had a great day and enjoyed the sailing and incidents.
Missed out on a place by capsizing while just in front of Robert , but narrowly held off Liam in the second race.

Gordon, I need a favour. I have left my two yellow fiberglass rear hull stands in the car park!. If you come across them could you or George bring to Carsington

Many thanks
Jan
Jan
Sprint 15 2030
Bob Carter
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Bob Carter »

Jan wrote:Thanks all for help in and out. I had a great day and enjoyed the sailing and incidents.
Missed out on a place by capsizing while just in front of Robert , but narrowly held off Liam in the second race.

Gordon, I need a favour. I have left my two yellow fiberglass rear hull stands in the car park!. If you come across them could you or George bring to Carsington

Many thanks
Jan
Jan
Carsington seems a long way off course. :? Did you perhaps mean Grafham (for the next event) :wink: ?
Cheers
Bob
Mark Aldridge
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Mark Aldridge »

Grafham looked pretty full as I drove past. Definitely up from a week or two back. Either way we have plenty of water.
Mark Aldridge
Robert
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Robert »

I'll send the water to Draycote, then, in case Derek has any problems with his new pipeline. 8)
Robert England
Gordon
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post by Gordon »

This is for Jan

Picked up your hull stands from QM today, still sitting on their own in the boat park.

I'm not going to Carsington till next year, so I'm taking them to Grafham instead.

Regards
Gordon
Jan
Leading Rate
Leading Rate

Post by Jan »

Gordon,
Thanks fella, see you all at Grafham [ not Carsington ] .
rgds
Jan
Jan
Sprint 15 2030