The UK Dart 15 Association

Draycote TT clarification ref hosing down and killer shrimp

Dart 15 Chat
pmslater
Petty Officer
Petty Officer

Draycote TT clarification ref hosing down and killer shrimp

Post by pmslater »

After the comments and questions below I have obtained clarification regarding the requirement for hosing down of visiting boats to Draycote Water.

The Severn Trent Policy is:

All visiting boats must be hosed down regardless of where they have come from and what certificates they have.
Hulls decks and rudders need to be washed

This may seem unreasonable to some of you but I'm afraid the policy is not negotiable and so we will just have to get on with it.

The hose down area will be in a different place from where I stated previously.
After you turn into the club off the A426 drive through the barrier and turn right as usual.
The hose down area is about 10 meters after the right turn and is on the right hand side.
Somebody will be there to assist you.
Please make sure your rudders are easily accessible!

Cheers

Pete.[/b]
Gordon
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post by Gordon »

Don't know if any one else saw this, but I read an article in the Times this week (Monday I think it was), regarding the dreaded "killer shrimp".
Whilst this shrimp is giving us sailors some inconvenience, according to the article, it's very serious for the angling fraternity. Seems they're worried sick over it's potential spread and it's potential to eat it's way through all the little water life / flies / bugs etc. that a great deal of our river life depend on.

Apparently it's now turned up in a few other locations apart from Grafham and they're desperate to try and stop it spreading.
They likened it to the introduction of grey squirrels, which virtually wiped out our cute red ones.

There was no mention of a solution apart from containing the spread.
looks like we're all going to be washing down boats for quite a while yet.

Regards...Gordon
Robert
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Re: Draycote TT clarification ref hosing down and killer shr

Post by Robert »

At least we'll have some nice, clean boats to sail with. :|
Robert England
George Stephen
Captain
Captain

Post by George Stephen »

Peter,

After my enquiries about hosing down, I'm sorry to say that I won't be coming to Draycote after all. I had hoped to be recovered, but I'm just not well enough - I haven't even been able to go to Queen Mary to de-rig and collect my boat.

I hope everyone who does go gets the benefit of the current wind forecasts - anyone who has put on weight over Christmas and New Year might find it a benefit in the gusts......
George 1594
Jan
Leading Rate
Leading Rate

Post by Jan »

That will be me then.!

Looking forward to a sail as I havent been out for some time.
Hopefully the forecast for wind holds and we get a good turnout of visitors and home boats combined.

See you tomorrow!
Jan
Jan
Sprint 15 2030
Robert
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Robert »

Wooo! Lookin' good. Sorry you won't be able to make it George - hope things improve soon.
Robert England