The UK Dart 15 Association

Laser National Champion

Dart 15 Chat
Bob Carter
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Laser National Champion

Post by Bob Carter »

Congratulations go to Sam Whaley for winning the Laser Nationals. Sam is son of Adrian Whaley who sailed a Sprint 15 at Swanage for many years and came to a few National Championships. In 2013 Sam was crew to Adrian at our Nationals when they were 33rd. Clearly he no longer crews for Dad.;-)

https://www.kbsuk.com/laser/events/show ... y%206.html

Cheers

Bob
Bob Carter
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Re: Laser National Champion

Post by Bob Carter »

That's really kind words. As you say Sam used to crew for me on the 15 and has come a long way since those days - he's now won the Laser Nationals twice and last year also won the RS Aero Worlds and Nationals. He's part of the British Sailing Team and part of the Olympic 2024 team. You can follow his story on samwhaley.com. His brother Ben who also used to crew for me on the 15 (he crewed for me at the Pentewan Sands Nationals when Sam borrowed a friends 15 and sailed singlehanded) has also been Laser Radial National Champion and also a Eurosaf Gold medalist and is now campaigning a 470 also in the British Sailing Team. So the Sprint 15 has certainly encouraged and nurtured the next generation of sailors. Hope all is well with you? I still follow the 15s and have very fond memories of it.
Adrian Whaley