The UK Dart 15 Association

Friday deadline for discounted Nationals entries!

Dart 15 Chat
Jenny Ball
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Friday deadline for discounted Nationals entries!

Post by Jenny Ball »

Hi All

A quick reminder that the discounted entry fee for the Nationals closes on Friday - so time to get your entries in!

(You can, of course, still enter right up to the event itself)

First forty entries will go in a prize draw to win a £100 Windsport voucher

The Windsport pre-nationals coaching session is on the afternoon of Thursday 15th August - £25pp - contact George to book your place.

All the Nationals info is up on the Events page.

Thanks!

Jenny
Bob Carter
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Re: Friday deadline for discounted Nationals entries!

Post by Bob Carter »

I see we are at 44 and rising...……

I'm impressed that our web site entry list is up to date despite the fact that our web master is currently sailing down the Aberdeenshire coast on his epic journey. Does this mean he is doing it on the hoof? Another theory is he has briefed another to do it for him? My view is the latter and that Jenny is in the frame. Other views (or the truth) welcome.....
:wink:
Jenny Ball
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Jenny Ball »

The webmaster sets up the online entry system - but all the inputting and uploading is done by someone else. Who unfortunately cannot sail round the UK (not that she would be brave enough to do what Liam is doing) because she regrettably has to go to work and organise the Nationals.
Bob Carter
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Bob Carter »

Well done You :D

I see we are 45 now :D
Regards
Bob
Corky the Cat
Warrant Officer (Class One)
Warrant Officer (Class One)

Post by Corky the Cat »

Indeed, Bob. It is good to see we have 45 pre-entries. Hopefully there will be more 'on the day'.

Five clubs have raised a team. I am especially pleased NDYC has put in a team. All credit to them for coming so far. Perhaps they will, one day, stage a una-rig championship for us. I am aware that many una-rig sailors have never sampled their hospitality.

The championship is going to be a great succees. Well done, all those that have contributed in some way. Notably the host club and Jenny!
Bob Carter
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Bob Carter »

Hi Corky,
Yes Instow is a great place and the NDYC hospitality is superb. We did hold a Standard mode unarig Nationals there some years ago (1990ish). It was John Postlethwaite's first championship win and he said at the prize giving "I'm right chuffed" which went down in our history as a nice line to quote. We also used to hold traveller meetings there. I came to the view during my time as events secretary that it was too tidal with local knowledge essential to be a fair location for the Standard mode Nationals which our rules state "must be held in open waters". We then evolved to the alternating Sport mode Nationals between Instow and the IoW (then mostly Gurnard) as the sport mode is better in strong tides. Downwind unarig in a strong tide is not great. Sport mode reaches downwind which increases the speed so tackling the tide is easier (or so it seems). Also most of the NDYC sailors sail Sport mode.
If the class wants to try non sprinting at Instow it would be best to include it in the traveller series but even so the locals are likely to sail with the jib....
Regards
Bob