Growing the Sprint 15 tribe

Dart 15 Chat
Jenny Ball
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Growing the Sprint 15 tribe

Post by Jenny Ball »

Hi All

As we look to a new summer season - its a good time to think about how we continue to grow our fleet at grass roots / club level. Having solid club level sailing provides a pathway for new members to the Sprint 15 circuit which in turn keeps it an engaging circuit for everyone. The RYA and Y&Ys Andy Rice have focused a lot on growing the small boat sailing "tribe" recently.

And the great thing about the Sprint 15 - is that people can join us as individuals or families and at almost any age and experience!

Many of you and your clubs are involved in activities that encourage new people into the Sprint 15. It would be good to gather those ideas and share them with the wider fleet in case those ideas can be applied elsewhere.

It does not have to be on the scale of Shanklin's ethnic cleansing - sometimes its the simple ideas that are easy to do which can have a great effect. (eg. purple shirts and fleet BBQs)

If you have any "best practice" - (and happy to steal any ideas from other fleets) - could you let me know? I will then compile it and share - perhaps via a magazine article.

Email address is jenny@sprint15.com

Thanks!

Jenny
Liam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Growing the Sprint 15 tribe

Post by Liam »

Actually I think our eugenics policy is a good basis on how to run a club. :)
2034 - No Quarter, 1957 - Dreadnought, 1709 - Biscuit
Shanklin Sailing Club
Holder of OTT Shield
9th most improved at 2018 Nationals