RYA Dinghy Show 2 & 3 March

Dart 15 Chat
dave42w
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

RYA Dinghy Show 2 & 3 March

Post by dave42w »

Hi All,

We are exhibiting the Sprint 15 class at the RYA Dinghy Show at Alexandra Palace on Saturday 2nd March and Sunday 3rd March see https://www.alexandrapalace.com/whats-o ... show-2019/

This year our stand (G46) is in an aisle corner in the West hall right by one of the sets of doors leading to the Great Hall. It should be a busier, warmer and cheaper spot (as we don't need carpets or partitions), so well worth visiting :-)

Brian Phipps is bringing a boat (and I believe it is still possible for it to be your new boat which you can take away from the show at the end). We are sorted for volunteers to help set up the stand on Friday 1st.

We need volunteers to fill a rota (2 hour slots) to staff the stand through Saturday (from 9:30am to 6pm) and Sunday (from 10am to 5pm).

A couple of extra hands at the end of the show to help pack up so that Brian can get away quickly would also be appreciated.

Remember that if you volunteer to help on the stand you get free access to the show (providing Dave knows by 14th Feb).

Please let Dave Warnock (dave@warnock.me.uk) know when you are able to help on the Stand.

Many thanks

Dave
Brian Phipps
Commodore
Commodore

Re: RYA Dinghy Show 2 & 3 March

Post by Brian Phipps »

Attention Sprint 15 sailors, Dave W is right ! Windsport will be delivering a brand new dinghy show prepared boat ready to race for display on the class stand and any sailor dreaming of starting the season sailing a new boat should contact Windsport for a sales package to save some valuable pound notes by collecting from the show! No better time to buy a new boat than right now!
The Windsport Team.
Corky the Cat
Warrant Officer (Class One)
Warrant Officer (Class One)

Post by Corky the Cat »

What a great show, it was. Thanks to everyone who manned the Sprint stand over the weekend. The location was good as there was a continuous line of people passing by. I tend to keep close to the perimeter as I'm inclined to get disorientated when wandering around.

I noticed most people walked in an anti-clockwise direction. I don't know why people do this. So I walked in a clockwise direction to make sure I met all the important people like Brian Phipps and jenny Ball.
Brian Phipps
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Brian Phipps »

Hi Jenny yes , not sure BP was that important! but the guys who manned the stand over the two days really, really were, specially the Warnock team, they did everyone involved in the Sprint15 class really proud.
Thankyou.
Ed Tuite Dalton
Petty Officer
Petty Officer

Post by Ed Tuite Dalton »

A big thank you to everyone who helped out at this year's dinghy show. Our stand looked particular smart, with a brand new Sprint on display, courtesy of Windsport, and a great display of photos/ posters and leaflets brought down and put together by George Love. This year we were in the West Hall which seemed to work well for us and we had a good number of visitors. It was certainly warmer!

Thanks in particular to Dave and Jane Warnock for all their hard work in preparing us for the show, being there all 3 days and for packing up our stand at the end of the show and returning the posters etc back to George. Fingers crossed that they are prepared to do organise it next year!