Carnac 2019

Dart 15 Chat
simon
Captain
Captain

Carnac 2019

Post by simon »

Hi All
I have been in contact with Cheryl Craft, (she helped with travel arrangements to Carnac in 2014/15) and Cheryl is willing to help again for those interested in going next year.
We think Eurocats will be 2nd to 4th May, but this will be confirmed later.
Cheryl will sort out prices for accomodation and travelling by Euro Tunnel, or Portsmouth/Caen Ferry crossing, which I will post on this site when they are known.
Brian Phipps
Commodore
Commodore

Re: Carnac 2019

Post by Brian Phipps »

It has been a long time since the Sprint 15 fleet have ventured abroad for a "Sprint 15 European Cup/ Championships .
Thankyou Simon for being prepared to bring things together for another Sprint 15 European adventure.
Previous trips to the Carnac Euro Cat event have bee great fun on and off the water for sailors and their partners / family. Ok we could pull up the draw bridge and stay on our cosy island, but just look at what we would be missing:- Great location, convenient camping, easy ferry routes, some exciting racing, great sea food and the opportunity to show the French and other Europeans sails just how fast a Sprint 15 really is . Last time we walked away with all the trinkets in our class.
So thankyou Simon for starting the ball rolling and working to bring together a one stop package just for Sprint 15 sailors . Myself and Cookie are up for it and I hope many others are ready to add their name . 10 x boats would be good but 20 x boats would blow their socks off and make the French sit up and take Sprint 15 racing seriously.
Roll on the 2019 Sprint 15 European Cup Carnac Euro Cat. Currently Paul Craft holds the title ( not the trophy) I still have that but it is time for someone else to win it!
Paul Craft
Warrant Officer (Class Two)
Warrant Officer (Class Two)

Post by Paul Craft »

Carnac is a great event, in 2014 we filmed as much of it as possible which was then expertly edited by Liam which was very time consuming.

If your interested in attending the short film which will give you an idea of the event.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--hJh2Lc4vI

Cheers

Paul

P.S. I don't really hold the title Brian is being kind. Port and Starboard on the finish line!
Liam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Liam »

Please give it a thumbs up on Youtube. It helps promote it on the site.
2034 - No Quarter, 1957 - Dreadnought, 1709 - Biscuit
Shanklin Sailing Club
Holder of OTT Shield
9th most improved at 2018 Nationals
Corky the Cat
Warrant Officer (Class One)
Warrant Officer (Class One)

Post by Corky the Cat »

Great video.

Who was the bloke running his boat along the beach? He must hold the land speed record for Sprints.
simon
Captain
Captain

Post by simon »

Robert England
simon
Captain
Captain

Post by simon »

Hi All

I have 2 apologies to make,

Firstly, apologies for not attending this years Nationals, but it was my 35th wedding anniversary, and I was in Carnac. Hope everyone had a great time. Whilst there I went to the Yacht Club to find out the dates for Eurocats 2019, these you will have seen on the flyer.

Secondly, the dates on the flyer are incorrect, yesterday I received an email with the New Dates

These Are:- Racing Days
May 2nd, 3rd and 4th

Here is the Eurocats Website address https://www.yccarnac.com/Eurocat.html
What are every-ones thoughts? and who might be interested in going?
andrew berisford
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by andrew berisford »

hi all

keen to go in 2019 to experience the event

regards, Andrew
Ed Tuite Dalton
Petty Officer
Petty Officer

Post by Ed Tuite Dalton »

Hi Simon,

I am up for it as I haven’t been before.

Ed
simon
Captain
Captain

Post by simon »

Hi All

Hopefully everyone enjoyed this years National event and their Summer Holidays.
Looking forward to next year; if you are interested in going to Eurocats, then please sign up and join the 4 Sprinters who are already signed up and going.

Eurocats is probably the number one Cat Event in Europe catering for many different Cat Classes.
The Event takes place at Carnac Yacht Club in Southern Brittany in the Bay of Quiberon.
Racing takes place over 3 days; 2nd, 3rd and 4th May 2019, with 2 days inshore and 1 Day long distance race following the Quiberon Peninsula and then out to the Ile De Houat, weather permitting.

In the past we have travelled overnight from Portsmouth to Caen and then onto Carnac, about 320 miles, on the return we left Caen about 4:30pm (CET) and arrived at Portsmouth at 9:30pm (BST)

The campsite, Les Menhirs, is about 10 minutes walk from Carnac Plage, which is a long sandy beach and our launch area. The local supermarket is also about 10 minutes walk.

There are a good selection of restaurants, bars and cafes and plenty for non sailors to do and see.

Eurocats could be built into a week long break, (at additional cost).

I hope this might give you a flavour of what you could be missing, if you're interested and need further information please feel free to send me a PM or Email me at landshare@btinternet.com
simon
Captain
Captain

Post by simon »

Sprint 2026 has paid the deposit, balance due in early February, my wife will be joining me but not sailing.
Are there any Sprinters wishing to join me or will I be Billy no mates, details are in the new magazine or please contact me at:- landshare@btinternet.com
Gordon Deuce
Leading Rate
Leading Rate

Post by Gordon Deuce »

Planning to come and join in the fun on my own with 2024. Any other solo travelers planning on coming with the potential of sharing accommodation ?
Gordon Deuce
Leading Rate
Leading Rate

Post by Gordon Deuce »

Booked with Cheryl at lancing to go to Carnac. :D . Who else is rising to the 2019 challenge ?
simon
Captain
Captain

Post by simon »

And then there were THREE, the list is growing......

Simon Hare,
Gordon Duece,
Andrew Berisford, are all signed up for Carnac 2019.

Who will be next?
simon
Captain
Captain

Post by simon »

Hi All

Heres a link to Carnac Yacht Club with a short video from this year just to give you a flavour for the event.

Its not to late to sign up for Eurocat's 2019, a deposit of £99.00 will secure your place, full payment required in early February

https://www.yccarnac.com/Eurocat.html

Simon 2026