RUTLAND IS POSTPONED!!

Dart 15 Chat
Jenny Ball
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

RUTLAND IS POSTPONED!!

Post by Jenny Ball »

Hi All

In view of potential difficult driving conditions due to tomorrow's weather forecast - it has been decided to postpone the Winter TT scheduled for tomorrow to the new year. This was based on a sounding of different fleet members who were likely to travel tomorrow. See the suitably dramatic Met Office warning below.

We are currently in discussions with Rutland for an alternative date in February or March.

If you know anyone who was planning to attend - could you pass the message on? It will also go out on facebook / email.

Met Office Warnings Issued For:
Rutland
Amber warning of snow
0400 on Sun 10 December
To:
1800 on Sun 10 December
Updated 1 hour ago
A spell of heavy snow is likely over parts of Wales, the Midlands and parts of Northern and Eastern England on Sunday.

Road, rail and air travel delays are likely, as well as stranding of vehicles and public transport cancellations. There is a good chance that some rural communities could become cut off.

Thanks!

Jenny
Brian Phipps
Commodore
Commodore

Re: RUTLAND IS POSTPONED!!

Post by Brian Phipps »

Looks like a very sensible call Jenny,Sprint 15 sailing is about fun and safety and there will no be much of that around on Sunday unfortunately.
Brian P
stuartsnell
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by stuartsnell »

Good call Jenny
If the forecast plays out we could have had sailers getting to Rutland, not sailing & then not being able to get home !!
A revised date would be great if it can be arranged
Jenny Ball
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Jenny Ball »

Thank you for the support. Hopefully we have reached everyone between email, forum, facebook and text .........

We have suggested a couple of dates to fit between TBYC in early Feb, the Dinghy Show in early March and Grafham at end March. As soon as we hear back - we will let you know.

And having seen how much the wind forecast has strengthened in the last few hours - its probably time to batten down the hatches all round .....

Jenny
SteveR
Warrant Officer (Class Two)
Warrant Officer (Class Two)

Post by SteveR »

Hi Jenny, did'nt get the info on Rutland. Set off at 9:00 Saturday morning got to Steve Sawford's at 12 to pick up boat. we made the decision to return home as my message to you. Arrived back home at about 6ish after dropping boat & camper off. We have a coating of snow here on the Wirral and can only imagine what the rest of England is looking like. Many thanks for your returned message much appreciated, also to Steve Sawford for the info on wind & non travellers. Looks like we made the right call.
Steve & Beryl :) :D
Loosecannon1910
& Dee S C
George Stephen
Captain
Captain

Post by George Stephen »

There's clearly something about Rutland - https://sprint15.com/picture-gallery-68 ... utland.php
Have we become wimps over the last 16 years? I admit I'M being very much tongue in cheek - I'm not sailing at present.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
George 1594
Jenny Ball
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Jenny Ball »

Hi George

We are definitely not getting soft. Quote from the Rutland Manager - "Sunday was a good call, we ended up closing the Club."

But I do like the idea of drawing the course in the snow - much better than wasting paper.

Hopefully we will be back there in late February - subject to final confirmation.

Jenny