Carsington Sailing Club TT : Winter Series
Saturday 5th February 2011

Reposted from an article in the forum by Ray Gall

Re: Carsington TT Sat 5 February
by ray.gall » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:48 pm

My sincere thanks to all those travellers that arrived at Carsington this morning in the hope of competing in the third round of the Winter TT series.
As you know we postponed the start and inspected the race course at 11:15, where we measured 25 knots of breeze and 35+ knot gusts and with severe weather predicted to continue Ged Bellamy our RO and club management & I made a call on the grounds of safety to abandon, with hind sight, had we of delayed that inspection until after 12 mid-day we could have raced today.
Look forward to welcoming you all in back at Carsington in September.

We now look forward to Queen Mary in two weeks time, lets hope for some good racing conditions and give Gordon / race organisers a fantastic turnout, can we get 20 + boats there?

See you all at QMSC

Thanks agian


Full Series Results available here